FIM handles campus requests for drawings, floor-plan updates, system access, reporting, and more through the FIM Requests system.
A valid UIC NetID is required to submit a request, and email confirmations are sent when the request is received, assigned, and resolved.
Submitting a New FIM Request Heading link
Once you logon to FIMManager you will see a “FIM Requests” item in the left-side menu. If you click on that you will see a sub-menu item titled “New Request”. Once you click on that item, you will see a form with several required and optional fields as well as an option to attach a file.
- Request Details — This is where you describe what you are requesting. Please provide as much information as possible.
- Project Number — If your request relates to a PSPM project, please provide the project number here. Otherwise, you may leave this field blank.
- Request Type — Select one of the following:
- Access — Is your request related to accessing a system that FIM manages, such as the EHSO Lab Card app or FIMWeb?
- Closeout Submittal — Are you submitting closeout documents related to a project? Please share a URL to a cloud folder where those files are saved in the “External URL” field.
- Data — Are you requesting UIC space data?
- Documents — Are you looking for copies of construction drawings?
- Mapping — Are you requesting assistance with one of the many campus maps that FIM manages?
- Request Sub Type — Select one or more of the sub-types that relate to your request.
- Priority — Select “Normal” or “Urgent”; urgent requests should be followed up with an email to email@example.com.
- Building # — Select the building that your request applies to (if applicable).
- External URL — If you have a cloud folder to share, please save a copy of the URL to this field.
- Attachment — If you want to share a file related to your request, please attach it here.
For questions about the FIM Requests system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.